Homestay in Winnipeg, Canada
Preferably females, but males are also welcome.
----The monthly rent is Canadian $900
The rent includes :
• meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner (my wife prepares and cooks the meals, but you can cook too if you like). Pack lunch when you go to school will be prepared for you (unlike other homestay students who have to prepare their own meals and usually just plain sandwiches only, with us you'll have regular and decent meals). A lunch bag will be provided for you free, and all you got to do is pick it up in the kitchen on your way to school
• hot and cold water
• electricity (heater and air conditioning)
• free use of phone for local calls only
• free use of home theater -- we have lots of movie channels that we subscribe to from our cable service provider; or from hundreds of DVD movies we have; or from Netflix; or from Kodi; or from Apple TV. We have two home theaters, one in the main floor and another in the basement, both with 52" wide screen TV.
• Pillows, pillow-cases, bed sheets, blankets and comforters are provided free. We will take care of washing your beddings. Queen-size bed.
• free use of washer and dryer once a week (washing detergents, laundry basket and clothes hangers are free too)
• high-speed (lightning speed -- 100 MBps) wireless internet connection
• free use of deck where you can invite friends for barbeque
• free use of guitar and piano
The nearest bus stop from the house is less than 5-minutes walk. One short bus ride (about 20 minutes) going to Red River College or University of Winnipeg or Heartland International School in downtown, or just a 10-minute bus ride to Red River College main campus at Notre Dame Avenue.
• ideal location, near shopping malls, groceries, parks
• We don't have young children anymore, and we don't have animal pets, so the house is always clean and tidy.
• if you will be studying at Red River College or University of Winnipeg or Heartland International School in downtown, you can ride with us in our van in the morning on our way to work in downtown. That is also free.
• there are two full bathrooms (so no problem in waiting to use bathroom). Your room is carpeted wall-to-wall, has a big window, built-in closet and cabinet for your clothes, computer study desk with lamp and computer chair.
• if you smoke, you can only smoke outside the house
We help students get settled in Canada:
• assistance in getting bus passes
• assistance in opening a bank account
• assistance in getting a cellphone
• help in their school assignments
• student can come with us going to the mall or groceries to buy his/her personal items
• student can come with us for picnics and camping during summer months
• student can come with us whenever we eat out in restaurants and he/she doesn't need to share in the bill
• a one month rent deposit (this is the damage deposit which will be returned to you when you move out if there is no damage to property)
• the monthly rent to be paid in advance on the first day of each month.
• one month notice if the student wants to move out.
• and we expect students to be clean all the time and that they clean their own rooms regularly.
Your Host: Bobby
- No children live in the homestay
- Host does not smoke
Services & Amenities
- Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Wi-Fi (wireless Internet)
- Smoking is allowed outside only (yard or balcony)
- Self service laundry included in fee (use of machine and detergent)
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 1 guest
- 6 month minimum stay
- 1 month of notice required to move out
1 Bedroom in This Homestay
Room #1: Basement
Sleeps 1 guest
Contact Host Now
- 1 × Double
- Private (outside the bedroom)
- full-height mirror
- nightstand or bedside table
- desk and chair
- air conditioning
- closet or wardrobe
- lock on the bedroom door
Schools Near This Homestay
Universities & Colleges (17)
Flight Schools (1)
Language Schools (1)
Approximate distances are provided for guidance only and should be verified with the homestay host.